Monday, May 16, 2011

the first tooth...





first tooth, by juli
my wee girl lost her first tooth yesterday.  at age four, this was not quite an event i was ready for when she announced that it was wiggling over a month ago.  however, here we are with my baby growing more quickly than i anticipated.  i remember watching that small tooth pop up at a mere three-months-old and also thinking, this is too early!
it was so sweet to watch tula mirth carefully tuck her tiny tooth into the pocket of her tooth fairy puppet and clear all the books out from under her pillow in preparation for the tooth fairy's visit.  she woke up with her new smile and rushed out this morning to show me her coins, finger puppet and glittered letter from the tooth fairy.  "she writes so tiny.  she must have a very small pen," she remarked about the note.  tee hee.  

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I'm going to have to remember the small glittery note. My daughter will love that! We're probably going to have a visit from the tooth fairy in the next year for her. Unfortunately, it looks like my 3 year old daredevil will be getting a visit before that... looks like he's going to need an extraction. (By the way, I found this Mom's Guide to be helpful, if you find yourself in need of dental advice like I did: http://www.1dental.com/moms-guide/) Thanks for the sweet story and the great tooth fairy idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...