Tuesday, April 12, 2011

a very special delivery...


photo by juli

recently, a co-worker and i signed up to share a weekly produce delivery service from our state farmer's market.  every saturday, we get a big box of fresh goodies on our doorstep.  it is fun and challenging to find ways to use all the fruits and vegetables.  last week we had a bunch of asparagus, which i cooked with butter, soy sauce, and balsamic vinaigrette.  yum!  do any of you subscribe to a csa or co-op?  what kinds of food have you been getting lately?  any spring recipes to share?

all of you farm-to-table folks, check out this farm letterpress calendar from one of my favorite press shops, 1canoe2.

1 comment:

  1. Since I live in Cleveland, Ohio our CSA won't start until next month, and in the mean time I'm nurturing my own seedlings.

    I'd like to recommend a CSA inspired cookbook that was given to me over the winter holidays, it's what tipped our wobble on whether to CSA or not this year. Eating Local: The Cookbook Inspired by America's Farmers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...